Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stress Test

Recently I read Stress Test by Richard Mabry. It was the story of Dr. Matt Newman, whose life suddenly and drastically changed one day when he was kidnapped as he left work at the ER. He managed to escape, but then woke up in a hospital where he found himself accused of murder. The woman he thought would soon be his wife deliberately distanced herself from him, so as not to endanger her own career, leaving him to fend for himself as he struggled to prove his innocence. Dr. Newman hired Sandra Murray, a lawyer, to defend him and help him figure out who kidnapped him and why. Dr. Newman’s faith was tested repeatedly as he struggled with financial problems, feelings of desertion, and the many questions of why.


Stress Test was the first book I’d read by this author, but it will definitely not be the last. It was a book that I could not put down once I got into reading it. Rarely does a book come along that I will force myself to stay up late to finish. This was one of those books. I appreciated the suspenseful storyline, along with its lack of predictability. It reminded me that our lives as we know them can change in an instant. And, it emphasized how we can rely on God when everyone else fails us, as He is ultimately in control of everything. I agreed to read and honestly review this book as part of the BookSneeze Blogger program and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery with some law, medicine and a touch of romance thrown in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment